Imagine waking up each morning to get ready in your very own spa bathroom. Or ending your day in your spa tub. Marble Granite World is your source for creating a spa bathroom in your home. Our seasoned designers can help you select a coordinated look that will complement your tile and other bathroom fixtures.
Top 4 Counter Surface Materials for Spa Bathrooms
Choosing a countertop material for your spa bathroom may be easier than you think. In fact, of the many options available, we carry the top three materials best-suited for bathrooms: marble, granite, and quartz. These surfaces will add to both the beauty and resale value of your home. Let’s look at the top three surface materials to consider when creating a spa bathroom.
- Marble: Once considered a luxury for only the wealthy, marble has now become a more affordable option for many residential homes. Marble is usually white with widely varied streaks of gray as well as a few other color variations. Marble is a long-lasting natural stone and an ageless beauty. Available in a highly polished finish or a honed, matte finish, marble works well with many decors. Its neutral tones go well with almost any accent color pattern in your bathroom.
- Granite: Granite is a highly popular option for many upgraded residential bathrooms. Granite is a bit more affordable than marble, and it is available in a large variety of colors and patterns. Granite is extremely scratch-resistant and requires minimal upkeep, but note that initial and annual sealing may be required. This natural stone is also unaffected by humidity and hot curling irons.
- Quartz: Quartz is extremely durable, and it is the most versatile option for bathrooms as it offers a large range of looks with extra durability. Quartz is stronger than both granite and marble, and it doesn’t require sealing. This surface is also highly resistant to moisture, stains, and bacteria. So, it makes for a perfect surface in a bathroom.
- Porcelain: Gaining popularity again in large format slabs, porcelain is now at the forefront of most designers’ minds when thinking of wall-cladding options. Porcelain is thin, durable, maintenance-free and light-weight, making it perfect for applications such as shower walls and even accent walls in a bathroom. Slabs are being engineered to mimic the look of natural stones such as marble and granite. Moreover, it is non-porous, making it ideal for a wet space!
Choosing Calming Colors for Your Spa Bathroom
When selecting colors for your marble, granite or quartz countertops as well as tile and other spa bathroom décor, it’s best to avoid dark or bold colors. Instead opt for neutral tones, such as white, cream/beige, gray or soft blues and greens. Light and neutral colors help create a welcoming and soothing environment in a spa bathroom.
More Ways to Create a Spa-Like Bathroom
Whether you are designing from scratch or upgrading your existing bathroom space, you’ll want to consider all décor items to create a peaceful and serene bathroom retreat. Here are some other items you’ll want to upgrade or add to your bathroom, in keeping with your calming color palette.
- Upgraded hardware (faucets, shower heads, towel bars/hooks, robe hooks, etc.)
- Task and mood lighting
- Coordinating towels, rugs, and linens
- Baskets for storage
- Scented items
- Wood bath tray
- Heated floors
- Steam showers
- Other natural elements
Indulge, relax, and rejuvenate in style! It’s time to design a personal retreat in your home.
Your Dream Spa Bathroom Is Just a Phone Call Away.
Let Our Designers Help You in Creating the Spa Bathroom of Your Dreams!