What material is the best for your project? 

Today’s consumers are overwhelmed with so many possibilities to choose from for their countertops and it’s hard to know which options you should consider. Think about your budget, your design taste and how your family will use your kitchen before making your decision.

Granite Countertops

Granite is a natural stone that is quarried directly from the earth and sliced into slabs. Nothing is added to it, and nothing is taken out. These slabs and countertops can withstand direct heat from hot pans, they are nearly impossible to scratch, and they are stain-resistant after fabrication. Most granite colors will need sealing to help prevent stains, although some varieties do not require sealers. Once sealed, a granite countertop is a low-maintenance material that is difficult to damage if you follow some simple procedures for cleaning. Granite countertops are the traditional favorite for kitchen countertops. There are thousands of unique colors and patterns with proven durability, and lasting value. You can buy slab granite when you want a stone countertop that has a one-of-a-kind appearance and you do not mind occasional maintenance duties.

Quartz Countertops

Quartz countertops are a man-made surface also called “engineered quartz”. This material is manufactured from 90% crushed natural stone and the rest of the 10% is the binding resin and pigments. Thanks to the resin, quartz countertops do not need to be sealed. Quartz countertops are scratch and stain-resistant and have very similar performance properties to granite. The only thing to be wary of is that quartz is not as heat-resistant as granite or other natural stones. Quartz colors and patterns are not limitless like the natural variation of granite slabs; however, a full range of colors are available and the major quartz manufacturers have upgraded their color palette significantly in recent years with many beautiful choices. Also, many prefer the consistent nature of quartz patterns versus the unpredictably variation and texture often seen in granite slabs. Quartz countertop costs are similar to granite prices as well.


Quartzite Countertops

Quartzite is a natural stone not to be confused with quartz. Like granite countertops, quartzite is very hard and durable, takes the heat, does not scratch and is stain-resistant with sealing. Quartzite countertops have only recently become a top choice for kitchen countertops following the rise in popularity of white and gray colors in kitchen design. The main allure of quartzite countertops are the exotic colors and patterns that resemble marble. Many homeowners want the look of marble countertops without the maintenance and quartzite fits the bill. 

Marble Countertops

Marble countertops are gorgeous and, for many, the pinnacle of luxury. White marble like Calacatta and Carrara marbles are the most sought after varieties, but a full range of colors is available. Marble is softer than granite, which makes it more susceptible to scratches. They do etch easily though and most people mistake etching for staining. Marble is far less trouble for bathroom countertops due to the fact that there is less wear and tear and acidic liquids used. You’ll definitely want to learn more about cleaning marble and needed maintenance before installing marble, particularly for kitchen countertops. 



Come in to the showroom today to talk to our knowledgeable sales staff. We can help to point you to the materials that would best suit your upcoming project! Give us a call, shoot us an email, or stop by today. After that, a visit to our local suppliers (Francini, Stone Basyx, OHM, and Cosmos) will give you the ability to see full slabs of a variety of materials.

Schedule a FREE Consultation!
Book A Visit